۸ اسفند ۱۳۸۷

آی لاو بوکووسکی

I stopped shitting blood and I was given a list of what to eat and I was told that the first drink would kill me.They had also told me that I would die without an operation. I had had a terrible argument with a female Japanese doctor about operation and death. I had said "No operation" and she had walked out, shaking her ass at me in anger.
Harry was still alive when I left, nursing his cigarettes. I walked along in the sunlight to see how it felt. It felt allright. The traffic went by. The sidewalk was as sidewalks had always been. I was wondering whether to take a bus in or try to phone somebody to come and get me. I walked into this place to phone. I sat down first and had a smoke.
The bartender walked up and I ordered a bottle of beer.
"What's new?" he asked.
"Nothing much," I said. He walked off. I poured the beer into a glass, then I looked at the glass a while and then I emptied half of it. Somebody put a coin in the jukebox and we had some music. Life looked a little better.
I finished that glass, poured another and wondered if my pecker would ever stand up again. I looked around the bar; no women. I did the next best thing: I picked up the glass and drained it.

From the book of The Most Beautiful Woman in Town and Erections, Ejaculations, Exhibitions and General Tales of Ordinary Madness

هیچ نظری موجود نیست: