۳۰ بهمن ۱۳۸۷

آی لاو بوکووسکی

The next day a nurse came out and got me and helped me on a rolling platform.
I was still vomiting up blood and was quite weak. She rolled me on the elevator.
The technician got behind his machine.
They poked a point into my belly and told me to stand there.
I felt very weak.
"I'm too weak to stand up," I said.
"Just stand there," said the technician.
"I don't think I can," I said.
"Hold still."
I felt myself slowly beginning to fall over backwards.
"I'm falling." I said.
"Don't fall." He said.
"Hold still," said the nurse.
I fell over backwards.
I felt as if I were made of rubber.
There was no feeling when I hit the floor.
I felt very light. I probably was.
"Oh god damn it!" said the technician.
The nurse helped me up and stood me up against the machine with this point jamming into my stomach.
"I can't stand it," I said, "I think I'm dying. I can't stand up. I'm sorry but I can't stand up."
"Stand still," said the technician, "just stand there."
"Stand still," said the nurse.
I could feel myself falling. I fell over backwards.
"I'm sorry," I said.
"God damn you!" the technician screamed, "you made me waste two films!
Those god damned films cost money!"
"I'm sorry," I said.
"Take him out of here," said the technician.

From: Life and Death in the Charity Ward

هیچ نظری موجود نیست: